Thursday, October 27, 2005

The measure of a man

Wat makes a man? How do we measure? By deeds? By conduct? By acheivements? By whose.. or rather wat standards do we measure our values?

i've been wondering. Instinctively, i turned to the internet, hoping the information highway might hav something to say.

My inquiry returned pages and pages of non conclusive crap.. some leadership philosophy and mainly lyrics of a couple of songs of that title. One sung by American Idol runner up, Clay Aiken.. the other older song by the same title sung by none other than Elton John. Ironicly, wat would a self-professed homosexual know about the measure of a MAN? I checked the lyrics.. it's true, he knows nuts about being a man.

Anywae.. my search on the internet cast more shadows than it shed any light at all on the suject. I'm not here to answer that question.. i've got no idea wat that ideal measure is or how i measure up to that standard. However, i do know i've been searching the wong places.

Think the answer is probably in that book on my table called the Bible. I'm sure it's in there.