Sunday, October 07, 2007

Blood Drive

almost didnt have to go back to work today. Cos the command post set up was once again delayed due to live firing in Temple Hill. but still.. i ordered 8 30m power extension drums to be delivered this morning cos i thought i would be goin back.. :( bad move.. now i had to wake up early in the morning to rush down to office and to wait for the delivery man to come so i can pass him the 500bucks. then wat? i havent got much to do back at work on a sat morning. bad move daniel.. sianz.

tried to make the best of today since i'm at work already.. zhaoyi was going to donate blood over at HSA in outram.. so i was thinkin i hitch a ride over there and shunbian make my first donation of blood! ha.

i try 2 times to make a blood donation when i was still in jc. Failed to do so cos once i was just having flu 2 days before. so they rejected me.. the next time they rejected me was because the queue was too long and they were closing soon. asked me to come back and queue again after i queued for 2 long hrs!!! well..

This time round.. it was pretty smooth.. except for the fact that i forgotten to bring along my 11b! good thing they acknowledged my drivin license as well. the was no queue.. jus a questionnaire to fill asking if i had sex in all sorts of combinations in the last 12 months. haha. just ticked thru and there i was sitting on the comfy chair in the donation room with a sticker on my chest which reads :"Be Nice To Me. This Is My First Donation". ha.

i'm surprised that they even gave me local anesthesia before the big tube was inserted into my skin. ha. was actually expecting some pain but i didnt even know the tube was already inserted when i looked away! haha. when the nurse wasnt looking... i gave myself a pinch to see if the anesthesia really worked.. hmmm.. really no pain. So i just continue to squeeze the blood pack shaped stress ball in my palm, hoping my blood could fill the bag faster.

took only around 5mins or less to fill the bag.. then this Filipino medical worker came over to retrieve the bag. i asked her if i could give another bag since it took so little time and i'm still feeling ok. too bad.. she refused me.. one person one bag she says.. but i so vividly remembered that my friend gave 2 bags when the blood drive came to sch. but then again.. that was quite some time ago.. they could have changed the policy le..

anyway.. they wrapped up the spot when they injected me with a bandage. At first they were looking in the drawer next to me and they ran out of coloured bandages that dun look too sissy. but they were only left with the pink one. the medical worker held up the pink bandage in his hand and looked at me.. i looked him back shaking my head.. guess he caught my message. ha. i would rather let my hand bleed dry than to step out with that bright pink bandage on my arm!!! haha.


dun understand why dun they just simply use white bandages instead. He searched around and found a purple one.. better than nothing i suppose. i'm wearing long sleeves anyway.. just gonna cover it up with it. ha. later i realised that there is also another green bandage. the one that zhaoyi got. but it was even more ridiculous cos the green bandage had drawings of dinosaurs on it! ha. i was having a good laugh at him.. good thing i didnt get the green one instead. :)

well well.. my first donation.. thats about it. I think i'll carry on to make regular donations after this. Anyone wanna join me please ask me along eh... my next donation is in dec! :) Well.. please be reminded that your blood will alway regenerate de.. you're losing nothing giving blood.. further more.. your giving life! the blood bank is always in need of new donors. so please give if you can. You get free refreshment too after the donation you know!(well.. thats not the point..but it true) haha.

Anywae.. received my results for my Effective Comms. Thank God i passed! hee.. my 8 pages of rubbish at least counted for something eh.. hee. saved me some time and money not to take that module.. thank you Jesus


my first timer sticker.. actually quite diu lian to wear this around. ha


purple bandage.. no dino.


sponge for me to squeeze while my blood is draining outta my body. ha. think it used to be a ball or a heart or something. Now they getting creative already. hee.