Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas is over. well.. not really, it's never really over. thats not the point. the point is, Christmas is different this year. definately different. i think i gotta start getting used to it. New year is even over.. now's the jan birthday season now. One thing after another.. but it's so different now. Well.. wat was i expecting?

well.. i said i wanted to post after my trip.. but i didnt. i was busy.. i was tired.. i was held up with stuff.. i just plain didnt bothered. i've got nothing to say actually. everyday gone by but i feel so task orientated. this familiar feeling of unsatisfaction again. It's been good actually, better than i thought it would be. But cant help feeling that it could be so much more.

not just talking about church. About my work, about my life, about my family, about my friends. Everyone, including myself, fell short of my expectations. not that my expectations meant anything to them. i'm just sighing. thinking there could have been so much more in my life.

BUT! one thing did surpass my expectations! Toa Payoh HBD Hub foodcourt's ROJAK!!! my mummy wanted to eat over there and go visit the HBD showrooms as well.. but i was thinking " All the way to HDB for a plate of Rojak?!" oh boy was i pleasantly surprised by the rojak!

i walked up to the modern look stall as ordered a $3 plate of Rojak.. the uncle took my money and gave me number chip pointing to the automated number calling machine(those that you'll find in hospitals or clinics calling for paitent's numbers). He told me to collect when my number's up. i was stunned for a moment.. used to getting my rojak fast. this is pretty new.

i saw that my number is still quite some digits away.. went back to my seat to chat with my mummy for a while. She told me that this is the only place she know that has 2 stalls of Rojak in the same food court. the amazing thing is that both the stalls are of the same owner!!!

2 stalls! and i'm waiting for my rojak with a number chip.. either they're damn slow or they're really damn good!. haha. i hope it's the latter. hee.

15mins wait.. it's here! holding the weight of the $3 plate of rojak in my hand.. i can tell the uncle is really generous. the ingredients are fresh.. the you tiao is super crunchy! i cant stop eating! arghhh... damn nice. haha

long since i've been this impressed! must try.. Toa Payoh HBD Hub basement foodcourt!

ha.. sorry for the sudden food craving surge. *slurp