Sunday, September 24, 2006

a different level

well well well... sunday night again.

recorded 2 songs in church today while practicing for the community event next sat. singing 2 oldies-- Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin(The moon represents my heart) and Wo Zhi Zai Hu Ni(I only care for you).

not as fruitful as last week though.. could tell some of the band members seemed quite bothered with other stuff. well.. we managed anywae. Ppl were telling me to be more commanding during the prac.. but i realised this isnt my time. It's a youth initiative and i've been approached to lend my vocals.. so thats it.. let then sort things out themselves then.

but still.. the recording was interesting. Listening to myself on record.. judging myself. Even now as i'm typing.. the 2 songs are on repeat. haha. Cant stand it.. hearing all the embrassing flaws. think i need to work on my pronounciation and cut that irritating vibration thingie.. ha. used to think it was interesting havin the tone vibrate.. but it totally sucks when it's out of control. Worst thing is that i'm so used to it now.. oh man.

singing for me has come to a different level now.. nope.. not a higher level.. jus a different one. Guess i reached a point to realise that there's nothing special about my vocals and there really is not much more to improve.. and again.. Nope.. not becos i'm too good.. but becos my vocals are apparantly not too good for singing. But still.. thank God for this wonderful gift of passion for singing! Good that i realise that i wasnt born a singer.. which means.. doin without the talent portion.. i gotta work harder to sing smart.. to master within my limited range instead. thats the different level that i was talkin about. If i can only play one piece on the piano.. i wanna make sure that one piece is really good! : )

well.. havin said all that... i must admit i'm no where near anywhere. I'll keep practicing though. Someday this voice will touch someone somehow.. so help me God.

30th Sept.. Joo Seng.. evening.. songs and moonlight... jus for you.

back to bed.. yawn.