Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sanfranz!!! You.. you...ruined my blogging appetite!!! argh!!!

I'm on leave!!! hmm.. or 5 more days till i get back to work. The glass is half filled and half empty. so?

By right, i should have been very excited about the end of Army Open House and start posting stuff about it. But i didnt. not that i didnt want to.. but i just didnt. Not that there's nothing that i want to remember from it.. but i just didnt.

why wait till now? i have no idea.. i think that indian guy from India really threw me way off.. pissed me so much that i have lost the appetite to blog anything at all.

so before i tell you about AOH, i wanna bitch about that Indian guy who still gets on my nerves when i think about him!! (mind me for the language. ha)

AOH ended last mon night.. it was great. but one thing really hung at the back of my head. I had a project dateline on Tues might. worst of all.. it was a group project. Really had to apologize to the rest of my project group that i was really too tied up to give them any of my stuff before hand. I had to complete the designs.. write out the design brief. that was about it. i told myself that the work i almost done.. and i'll be able to finish it on tues afternoon. and i did.

rushed to sch from work tue evening.. walked into my class where they were already there.. including sarfranz<---- the indian guy. He was there looking at me with dagger eyes. As if i killed his family or something. Then he asked me a question.. rhetorical or was it sarcasm.. i couldnt tell then. he asked how i was doing. i was like "huh?". He knows i've been busy.. asking me tat question in tat tone and that eyes.. i dun know how to reply him. But i said i was fine.

within mins i and him were into and argument with him lecturing me about time management and that i should have done my work earlier (when he only finished his end of stuff 2 days ago!!!).

i know.. i should have stayed up late like 2 or 3 am to do up my stuff and wake up at 630 again for work. but i didnt.. cos i know i wouldnt make it thru AOH like that.but it's not like my work wasnt up to standard.. and he lecturing me those time management bullshit is not gonna help with anything at all! "..so will ya shut up?! " i was thinking.

didnt want to quarrel with him.. i jus kept quiet doin my stuff while the rest of my teammates look thru my work. The rest of them were ok.. but he wasnt satisfied. Give me the i could have done better look. (i really dun understand.. i'm the designer guy and he's the networking guy.. how could he have done any better when dun even know wat design elements are?!) I remember he insisted that i copied my design from SONY for the advert when i design the whole ad by scratch. i even checked that the original SONY ads are totally different.. but he feels that it's too professionally done to be my work! wat crap!!!

the whole night.. he was jus up against me. watever i did was not good enough when he didnt even read the stuff that i do. Let's say the design brief.. he didnt understand wat a design brief was and then he insisted on findin it out from the text book. i told him i should know was a design brief is because of my professional training.. but he refuse to believe me as wat i told him didnt match the text book. (the text book had absolutly NOTHING about design brief!!! It was a marketing book for GOd's sake!! not a design book!!) He insisted that all the answers should come from the text book. So he grabbed the closest thing to a design brief.. components of an advert. ???????????

we consulted with the lecturer as we couldnt come to consensus. She like my work apparently. He kept quiet when she was around. Once she's gone.. he said he'll continue to do it his style!!! "i think we'll still stick to the text book.. you cant be wrong following the text book" he says! argh!!!!.. stubborn mule!!! dunno whether to laugh or cry!!! ha.

it's all wrong.. he simply ignored the good work that i did when he really didnt even bother to look at my stuff. He still got the cheek to ask me to contribute when he got stuck with the work. i was fuming mad!! it's been some time since i raised my voice.. i told him..:"Apparently you havent read the stuff i wrote.. the answers are all there!!! if you just want to follow the stupid text book then what for you wanna get a tertiary education!"

i was serious.. industrial experience counts for nothing in his thick skull if it aint in the text book. then he might as well jus go buy some books and read it at home! why you need an education for? so that you continue to lose your reasoning abilities and just follow the TEXT BOOK!?? Text books, especially marketing ones, are merely are written by man who writes based on experience. situation changes and alot of things are arguable. but not too him.. the text book is the word of God!!!

i cant stand him!!!

thank God the group assignment is over and i havent killed him yet. I most definitely had the intention to! ha.

No relevance..jus wanna get it off my chest. phew.. i'm really feeling better. think i finally could continue to post other stuff already.ha

anyway.. tml's my waiver exam for effective comms. havent written an essay in years.. hopeful i'll be able to make the mark. if not i wouldnt be able to waive that module.. :( not expecting to pass though.. jus gonna try. all the best daniel.

AOH posting..?? another day perhaps. yawn. Remind me nver to group with Indians from India ever again.