Sunday, April 06, 2008

Boom!

Boom!

i turned around looking from where the sound came from.. i see a wave. a wave of black and white smoke and debris and stone and concrete and steel. like a tsunami.. it sweeps everything in its path.

i see it coming.. My fragile body can feel the shock waves coming.. but i know there's no point running. I stood there.. enjoying the majesty of the moment. Taking in the fact that this is it. i can feel the wind between my fingers as it rushes away from the smoke.. i wish i could run too.. but i'm not the wind. So this is it. where my journey ends. Or at least what i thought.

Before i knew it.. i was before this great wall of destruction.. cliche as it is.. time for once stood still. A final salute.. my last hurrah.. my closing curtain. For once, time stood still for me.

i could see clearly what was in the smoke.. and i know i'll be part of it in no time. i thought in the movies.. your life was supposed to be flashing before your eyes or something. Bullshit. It never happened. Or have i ever had a life worth remembering in the first place. All i could think of is if i was supposed to be thinking at all in the face of my end. i was trembling with fear.. but i let out a grin.. laughing at myself. My eyes could hardly open wide with the wind pouring in. but i had to see this for myself.

It's getting louder and louder. and suddenly, it's here. I dun hear a thing anymore.. like sound just got sucked out of this world. I couldn't open my eyes anymore. I feel my body rammed so hard against this wall that my body flies backwards.. the debris in the air cuts my face and my body.. my lungs ruptured by the compression. I thought it was gonna be quick.. i was wrong. Every cut was ever so vivid.. ever so painful.

The blast threw me so far away.. i slammed against this wall and ended my flight. my arms and legs felt broken from the impact. The blast lost steam and slowly danced off to a whimper. leaving me shattered and bleeding. finding it so hard to breath.. i thought i rather die. on the ash and stones littered floor i laid.. face on the floor.. tats it? thats all? i think it's over.

ashes raining over me in black flakes.. the air smelt like burnt rubber.. my body feels so swollen. i close my eyes. Hoping it'll end just here. The whole world closing in on me.. or did i just shut the world out.

my world is in darkness now. Am i dead? i really don't know. How do i check? It doesn't really matter anyway.

But it sure was fun being blasted away.