Friday, July 22, 2005

Everything in its time

The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



ok.. i'm no longer pissed anymore. :)

Yesterdae was a day of mixed emotions..rage..sympathy.. joy.. and relief. And in the end of it all.. music made my dae.

Yesterdae started out to be one of the worst daes i had in ages. Me getting sick.. ppl pissing me off.. work pulling me apart. yada yada. U know the story. Jus wanted to get the dae over and done with.. on my way back home from TP for a collection. Only one thing on my mind.. my bed.

Amazingly.. i was still on bus 87, i'm sure tv mobile's not showing anything musical.. but i kept hearing corrinne may in my head.. -The Birthdae Song by Corrinne May.(cliche! ha) I dun even know where the heck i heard it before. It's jus stuck to my head. Then this suggestion came to me.. "How about i buy myself a cd?" Damn.. how lamentable is that.. buying yourself a birthdae gift. ha. but i really cant help it.. her voice is calling.

I only heard of Corrinne's songs on the radio around 2 months back.. was wondering who is that beautiful voice. Stunted me for awhile. Been asking around.. no one seems to know who she is. Finally after 2 weeks of asking.. i got a name. "I think it's Corrinne May or something" somebody told me.

As the pirate i am.. i'm determined to download every available song she has on the internet! hee. But i didnt. not that i didnt want to. Seems to hav some divine intervention that keeps preventing me from downloading her songs. when i'm at my computer.. i kept forgetting her name.. no kidding! ha. hours became daes..daes become months. i'm back on bus 87 without Corrinne.

I was still down with a bad flu and fever.. but first thing i did once i alighted was drag my weary body to the nearest cd shop. Not sure i knew wat i wanted to buy. i only had a name. Corrinne May. There it is.. she lays silent on the rack. I was looking at her..she looking down in her cd cover like she knows i'm lookin. I could almost hear her humming to me. "i'll take this" i told the counter girl. The fastest cd purchase i even made.

Reached home..took a bath.. popped some pills. Slipped the cd into the player. Now i understand why music heals. Laying on my bed.. track 1.. 2.. reading the lyrics.. getting to know the voice i've been curious for so long. So beautiful.. not only the voice.. but the lyrics walks right up to me. Been a long time since a song brought a tear to my eye. No.. not becos the song is sad or it caught a string in my heart.. simply becos it's so real.. so beautiful and hopeful. I knew she must be a Christian. I checked..she is. i'm not suprised.

My God is interesting.. jus when i needed a song.. he puts an album into my life.ha. Thanks you Jesus.