Sunday, September 11, 2005

AHM 21km

yes... i'm back home after the 21km run. not as bad as i thought. Or maybe the pain havent kicked in yet. hee.
~
No doubt i'm still tired out. Nope.. didnt hit the passing timing.. but it doesnt really matter. I think i probably could run in the passing timing if i try alittle harder.. but i didnt wanna push my body so hard..it's quite a big jump cos the furthest i ever ran was 12km. I stopped at 16km and took a quick stroll all the way back to the finishing line. ha. feels pretty good.
~
My first ever marathon.. feels more like a social event rather. Thousands and thousands of ppl gathered in the wee hours at the padang.. all in their shorts and singlets. Relectant faces were few.. i'm surprised. The horn sounds off.. the marathon flags on.. the congestions was so bad tat we had to walk for 2km before we actually had space to start running.
~
The next thing i know, i became a social butterfly. Along the way when we hit the ECP, friends and familar faces started poping along my sides.. BMT platoon mates.. SISPEC friends... poly buddies. I'm amazed at how much everyone had grown but yet still stays the same. Renjie still spots the signature botak hair style.. Yap still small and petite. A gush of memories flooding in.. chatting abt the past.. catching up on the present. Suddenly i've forgotten abt the pain and fatigue.
~
I really thank God that i have a big circle of friends.. didnt realised it till when i was hopping from groups to groups. Though i ran on without my cliche(*guilty) but i was never really alone running. Thank You Lord! couldnt have done it without You!
~
NExt year.. i'm coming again..gonna make sure i run under 2hr and 30mins. ha. not very fast..but tats abt all i can do. I'm not born to run.. this i know. but i'm not born to fail either.
~
Never really understood how anyone can enjoy running when it's such a painful process to me. But i decided to take another approach to it. i believe that the only way i'm ever gonna enjoy running is when i there is a deserving purpose to it! I'm not gonna try improve my timing... i'm gonna try improve the contentment level. every step i take.. i'm gonna make it count. i want to be running for something.. for someone. Probably sounds silly to you eh.. doesnt really matter. as long a it means something to me.
~
my first ever half marathon.. yes i'm dead tired.. but looking forward to it already.